Monday, March 2, 2015

Sketchweek 2

Hello and welcome back for another sketchweek.
I made quite a lot of drawings, but most of them are quick sketches and studys. While they helped me a lot, I dont expect you to find them particularly interesting.

I hope you still like them

Friday, February 20, 2015

Daily sketches

Hello everyone,
today I want to share some of my daily sketches that I am trying to do more regularly then usual.
First week so far and I only removed one piece as I didnt like how it turned out.

Have fun, more to come next week.

I like minotaurs


Ms Marvel


Legolas/ Arragorn mix


Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fun Park - app illustrations

Hello my dear readers,

today I can present to you some works I did for the game/story app "Fun park".
Its a new concept to control and combine a traditional train toy with a modern app to tell a story and control the trains. It was a great job and a lot of fun to work together with the team.

The company who made this is Roco/ Next generation:

My works for the app consist of characters and backgrounds as well as prints. Those prints are available as linearts to colour yourself or precoloured, followed by cutting, glueing and combining with the toy itself.

Those are available as a download on the homepage:

Here are some of the backgrounds, but not all, as well as most of the characters and some of the emotes available.

Have fun and happy holidays to you all.

A cardgame, fitting one of the park attractions

The first row of characters, to the left Mark, our main character, followed by some members of the Park's staff.

The 2 greedy businessmen and the journalist, who gets sick after a ride in the ghost house.

The director with some emotes.

The gentle giant Ralf and a family visiting the park.

A federal investigator, Nermin and her son Ibo as well as a truck driver.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Hearthstone contest - Gnomes and Goblins

A fictional Hearthstone card I made for the contest on Deviant art.
This was a lot of fun to do and I hope you like it.

Annoy-O-Bot [Mech]
1Mana cost

Activates all enrage effects on the battle field once without damaging them.

Lore: The gnomes always had construction plans for an Annoy-O-Bot, but only one gnome was crazy enough to actually build one.

Monday, December 1, 2014

League of Legends - Fall of Demacia

For the League of legends art contest.
This was a nice challenge for me and made me push myself a bit further again.

The champion is the undead king Sion, bringing destruction over his enemys, the noble nation of Demacia.

Here are some WIP shots. I started with a different idea in my mind, but during the sketching phase I couldnt really make it work how I imagined it and I noticed some flaws I couldnt remove without changing a lot of the sketch. And so I took a step back again when stuck and start a new one. This one had a lot of inspiration from Frazetta's composition and stile. Although the stile pretty much washed away over the time I worked on it. ^^

Although I liked the flair it had some big issues. Sion is holding the king of Demacia with one hand, but the way I imagined it, we wouldnt be able to see his face, but turning him around would make no sense either.

At this point I started to work a lot more on the focus aspect of the picture. Overall not enough focus on his head, where we are supposed to look first so I put the sun behind him, which shifted the primary lightsource behind him instead of the front. The tip parts of the axe where the light hits had too much contrast and had to be toned down as well.

This last step was important as I realized that the front view on the chest looked boring and that the belt had some issues as well. The way the legs interacted with the rocks looked like a flat paper mountain too. When you realize stuff like this it always hurts a bit to redo things you already spent time on. But leaving it when you know its wrong would be much worse - not to mention unprofessional.

Friday, October 17, 2014

The Spoils - Illustrations

Finally, after my first worksfor the spoils TCG a couple of years back, I can finally show them to you. I can definately see the difference between my works from back then and today.

The spoils is cardgame with a lot of joke ideas and puns in it, so it was a lot of fun to paint these.


Concealed goon

Deadly striker

Gassy gastornis

Muffs cuffs

Obsessive compulsion

Recycling machine


Mau Strategist

Mass subjugation

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sketchweek 6

There we go again. This time including some colored pencil sketches.

red sky

alien insect hovercraft

goodbye at the station

game of thrones study

game of thrones study

pencil sketches

pencil sketches