Monday, July 4, 2011

Dailys study ? Sketches and scibbles.

Well, there wasnt much of a "daily study" in the last days. ^^ Sorry for that. I was busy with 2 jobs, doing trading card illustrations, which I hope to post soon.
To make up for it, I will show some pencil studys I made the last days. Algenpfleger is inspirational as always and I really want to get better with my traditional stuff.

Starting with some "posemaniacs" warmups, followed by a technique I really like, but kind of forgot about. Drawing really loose without lifting the pencil from the paper too much.


Then I descided to try something else, so I viewed the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Episode III and paused every few seconds. The picture was very blurry, so just catching the shape would be some kind of self-deception. I wanted to get a better grasp on the 3 dimensional shape of the body and limbs, because thats always my week point in sketching and planning.
And I still want to do waaaay more.



-------
Part2:
There it is again. The feeling you get when you loook through another artist's gallery and think: Damn, he is so much better than me! I looked through the articles on the "muddy colors" page and found this very entertaining blogpost by Justin Gerard. A great illustrator like everyone on that site.

http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2010/11/most-mind-blowing-images-i-have-seen-in.html
Its good to read that I am not the only one with this kind of thoughts. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment