Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fire dragon project

Finally finnished.
I started with a very small thumbnail, but this fellow grew pretty fast. ^^
Originally thought for the RIFT Colossus contest, but because dragons are always something special in RPGs, I decided not to use it.

After the contest I picked the thumbnail sketch for a personal project instead.
The final photo was rather bad, so I tweaked it in photoshop afterwards.

It's around 40cm tall and maybe 70cm wide. Done in watercolors, Gouache and color pencils on bristol board.



And another shot after some more details with gouache. This time without photoshop afterworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment