Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Orgrim Doomhammer




Another Warcraft Fanart and again a horde legend: Orgrim Doomhammer.
This was tricky. He wears his hair kind of simmilar to Thrall, wears the same armor and wields the Doomhammer. (At least until he gave all that stuff to Thrall)
I changed the armor quite a lot, because I wanted him to have more of the old Warcraft 2 flair and the way the armor looks in Wow is rather peacefull, so I made it more edgy, with spikes and more chains. And I gave the hammer a big redesign too: Thralls' hammer is shiny blue and a one hand weapon - at first I changed the clan logo on the hammer to the one of Doomhammer (black rock clan), put a knife on top of it, like in one of Metzen's concepts and glued the whole thing on a staff to make it way more appealing as a leaders' weapon.

I really like how this turned out.
The pencil drawing was a test how far I can take the lineart. Afterwards scanned, test colored it ( I like to use painter for this step) and the detailed it out in Photoshop. The coloring took around 2-3 days.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! (exclamation) I do not think having this level. This work takes me a week. Pretty good job, i really like so much.

    ReplyDelete