Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nudity studies


My anatomy is already pretty solid, but painting faces is still a problem. Sometimes they go really well and then again.... Another point is picking colors. Each time when I do studies from refs, I realize that I have to use way more colors and very subtle color changes and shifts.

Here 2 studies from photos I found somewhere on the web.
I think most of you know the works from Algenpfleger, which have a really high amount of realism, you could easily think that they were made in a 3d programm - at least the environments. Which always made me ask: if you paint something that looks like a 3d rendering, why not just render it ? Nether the less, I wanted to see how far I can push myself in the same way and I am pretty happy with the result. I will do some more of these and hope that it improves my usual work somehow. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment