Monday, July 20, 2015

Practicing color perception and values

Hi again,
thankfully I can say that I have been busy with work, so its been quite a while since my last post.

And I am back, starting to do more sketches and studys again.
Over the last pieces I have worked on, I realized, that I have to pay more attention to color variations and therefore I started some studys with a focus on that topic.

The goal was to become bolder with colors, as some of my works had a tendency to be a bit more monochromatic than I would like them to be. But getting away from that without some focussed studys isnt easy and usually results in guessing, which is always a bad idea.



 Skin is a great practice target when it comes to color variations.

 And one piece without reference, trying to use what I learned so far


No comments:

Post a Comment