Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Characters in acrylics

For quite some time I had the wish to use traditional media more. Oils have been a particularly interesting thing, but due to the lack of a seperate room that doesnt contain either bed or kitchen, I never really got started with them.
So instead I picked up some acrylics after ages of digital painting to see what I can do with them.

I never was that fond of acrylics because of the extremely short drying time and the very limited mixing potential with water. During my first sessions, I found out that this is linked to the way that I mix colors on the palette, where I use only really small amounts of color. Acrylics work better when used in a bigger amount than what I started with. This increases the drying time and gives me more time to work.

Here the pieces that turned out well. I hope you like them.




No comments:

Post a Comment